Play is the work of the child
Playing is more than a moment of fun and relaxation. It is the moment when children develop, learn, take risks, explore, and discover both themselves and the world around them.
Therefore, playing is fundamental to life and the development of kids. Is there something better than learning while also having fun?
By the way, our blog has a few posts about playing and the importance of it:
Check out 25 things kids learn while Playing!
Now we agree that playing is important, right? But, then, what do children learn while playing?
1. Expressing feelings and emotions
2. Imagining, making-believe, and creating
3. Developing attention, concentration, and logic
4. Giving meaning and representing what they experience and how they see the world
5. Organizing their thoughts
6. Improving knowledge of words and language acquisition
7. Thinking and anticipating when making decisions
8. Comprehending and abiding by rules
9. Gaining body awareness
10. Learning self-control
11. Knowing their limits and potentialities
12. Improving fine motor skills
13. Learning about overcoming odds and the importance of facing challenges
14. Respecting others and themselves
15. Cooperating and sharing
16. Dealing with frustration
17. Developing empathy and resilience
20. Sharing tasks and roles
21. Experimenting different ways of acting
22. Facing fears
23. Learning about the social world and emotions felt in different relationships
24. Exploring creativity
25. Working on sensibility and communication